Thursday, January 2, 2014

What Does eHarmony Say About Nudists?

When you maintain a blog as long as the Platypus has been doing you take topics as you find them at times so that you always have stuff to write about.

Anyhow, in our part of the country the dating website eHarmony has ramped up advertising lately. Maybe it's a New Year's resolution market they're going after like the quit smoking and weight loss plans. You know, things to do in 2014... find a mate. That sort of thing. Or maybe people get lonely over holidays and ponder the dating decision.

So it is that eHarmony is running ads with the "This could be an everlasting love" soundtrack. The voice over says that more than 560, 000 people have married people they met on the site since it began. Wow. More than half a million marriages. Not dates. We're talking "I do's."

That got the Platypus wondering if any of the marriages were of nudists and whether any nudists who met a non nudist on site talked them into it.  We'll preface by saying we have been married a long time.  Married before the web was in most households. So we don't know much of online dating.  We do know about sites like nudist-friends.com and nudist clubhouse and the personal section of the AANR bulletin... though we haven't needed to use them given the aforementioned marriage.

We're just wondering whether the 29 computerized compatability factors they talk about on the ads include a penchant for shucking off clothing. We have read about the site's ties to the Christian faith (which happens to be our faith too) but also about the site's past non-option for gay and lesbian visitors.

Out of curiosity, we Googled the words "eHarmony" and "nudist" and it appears that most search results described a woman being matched to a nudist man even if she didn't want to be...  But no word on whether any nudists found a soulmate and got married to someone via a match from there.

We're interested inhearing from you about your story, whether it involves eHarmony or elsewhere. If it led to nudists tying the knot, congratulations are in order.

4 comments:

  1. Angie & Steve (I'm Steve) of All-Nudist met through e-Harmony! Our kids on both sides were pushing us to get out and DO something, and finally got us to try e-Harmony.

    Angie and I were both impressed with the profile that we each got of ourselves and figured they just might be able to profile the right 'other' too. They did. We got connected to each other pretty quickly and hit it off bigtime!

    I think we'd been communicating for a couple weeks when I dropped the 'N' word. She said that she liked trees and birds and stuff too! She was less enthusiastic when I explained that, while birds and trees are fine, that's not exactly what 'naturist' means...

    Shortly later, after we actually met, I took her to Mazo Beach in Wisconsin. She stripped right off and we spent the day! Did I mention it was February and 45 degrees? What a gal! Together nearly eight years now, married for seven, and I still can't keep clothes on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if anyone's interested in the whole story, from both sides, it's here: http://www.all-nudist.com/about-us.html#.UsZKtvRDvg0

      Delete
    2. Steve, when I wrote this post I had no idea that it was how you and Angie met! If eHarmony has given the world nothing more than the couple that is Allnudist it has been a success! I just heard the commercials and began wondering. Thanks to your post, now I know. And to all...sorry about typos in the post. On days I post via a small tablet device I don't spot the typos as well...

      Delete
  2. Before I met my wife, I tried a few of the early dating sites (before eHarmony), including the few nudist dating sites that we developing. I finally met my wife on Yahoo's personals (discontinued). It was a pretty basic free put yourself out there site I was about to abandon after being invited to a threesome by someone in my neighborhood :(

    She was only a couple of miles away from me and it turns out we had several friends in common. A month or so later, we met and married exactly one year after that (14 years ago now). I told her within the first few weeks that I had been an active with several nudist organizations and frequented beaches and clubs since my early 20's. She was OK with that but it wasn't and isn't her thing. We're expecting to be grandparents this year (her son from a prior marriage). Life is good!

    ReplyDelete