MEMORIAL DAY is, first and foremost, a day to remember the sacrifices that the men and women of the armed services have made so that we may enjoy freedom. Consistent with that, plan to visit a cemetery to remember fallen loved ones, watch a parade and cheer the VFW and American Legion, or make a donation to a veterans’ group.
As the holiday is all about freedom, also plan to spend some of it naked! The three-day weekend marks the traditional beginning of summer, so there’s no better occasion to start stripping off. If you haven’t already started planning for your day(s) of naked freedom, Bare Platypus has a few ideas:
- Mow the grass in your fenced back yard and plant those shrubs over the next couple of weeks so that you can spend the holiday enjoying your own Garden of Eden;
- Make reservations at a hotel not far from Haulover Beach, Miami, Gunnison Beach in New Jersey, Rooster Rock Beach in Oregon, Mazo Beach in Wisconsin, Black’s Beach in San Diego, or another space on public lands where you can be nude;
- Plan to visit one of the nudist clubs within the country. For a list, click: HERE
- On a tight budget with no private backyard? Don’t let that stop you. Start acquiring the items of a perfect picnic lunch (beginning with the non-perishables like a bottle of wine, condiments, etc.). When the holiday arrives hold your picnic on a blanket in your own living room. Turn the radio in to beach tunes and get bare;
- Get supplies for a bare slip n slide (sheet plastic, the hose, dish soap) or a kiddie pool that you can set up in your yard. Skinny dip at night with the family if you haven’t got a privacy fence.
Maybe some of our readers will post ideas for enjoying this gateway to summer in your birthday suit.